BOSTON, MA: Billy Butler #16 of the Kansas City Royals watches his solo home run in the fourth inning against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Today's links were submitted to the Better Links Bureau, and six of the eight come with the BLB's highest recommendation ...
- For years, I have been incredibly frustrated by the Hall of Fame's failure to publish their vast data base of Negro Leagues statistics, compiled at great expense. Well, the heck with them. Other people have been doing research, and they are publishing. Welcome to the amazing Negro Leagues database.
- Dear City of Detroit: You suck. Craig Calcaterra says why.
- As a wise man wrote, only in baseball.
- From Retrosheet's Tom Ruane, more than you ever thought you wanted to know about 1-0 games.
- Two more doubles for Billy Butler, and the Royals will tie a major-league record.
- Aaron Gleeman on Kenley Jansen, ex-catcher-turned-Strikeout-Machine.
- It's probably too late, and also it was just the Mariners. But A.J. Burnett made a change in the middle of a plate appearance the other night, and it seemed to pay off.
- Sunday night on the MLB Network! My TV show premieres! Well, not my TV show. Given the billing, there might be a few seconds of me in there. But I would tune in to see Bill James and Michael Lewis and John Thorn, plus a bunch of my pals.