Before going there, however, he was interviewed by Chicago police regarding sexual assault allegations made by a Chicago woman last September and revealed last week:
Chicago Cubs All-Star shortstop Starlin Castro was questioned by Chicago police Thursday night and into Friday morning over allegations of sexual assault, according to WBBM Newsradio in Chicago.
A woman accused Castro, 21, of sexual assault last fall, but no charges have been filed and Castro’s representatives deny the allegation.
When reached by ESPNChicago.com, Chicago police spokesman Robert Perez would not confirm that Castro had been interviewed, per department policy, but he did say that “he’s not under arrest.”
Castro’s attorneys have called the allegations “baseless” and Cubs executive Theo Epstein said, essentially, “no comment”:
“I don’t think it’s the right time or forum to talk about that,” Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said Wednesday at a kickoff luncheon for the convention. “As facts develop and the story evolves, there will be an appropriate time to talk about that.”
For more on this story, stay with this StoryStream or our SB Nation Cubs blog, Bleed Cubbie Blue.