Parody made simple:
1. Start with premise. In this case, the Marlins are making a choice to be non-competitive.
2. Find a parallel in the real world: Regular people get rid of items at rock-bottom prices at garage sales.
3. Find something that represents this practice visually: In this instance, it's a sign that says "Yard Sale."
4. Make the item relevant to this topic: a) Modify colors to match those of the Marlins; b) put team's address on sign.
5. Chuckle to yourself condescendingly in the manner of all parodists through the eons.