Lucas Duda's 2012 just got a little worse. First his numbers were way down from what he did in 2011. And now there's this:
ALERT: @mets Lucas Duda breaks wrist moving furniture.— SNY Assignment Desk (@SNY_Studio) November 6, 2012
What, neither Jerry nor Kramer were around to help? The good news is that Duda reportedly will be ready for spring training. Even better news will be if he hits in 2013 more like he hit in 2011 than in 2012.
Top 10 Things Baseball Players Shouldn't Do in the Off-Season
10. Slice bagel with a sharp knife
9. Ride dirt bike really over big jumps
8. Move furniture
7. Drunk-dial general manager
6. Try to break Felix Baumgartner's sky-diving record
5. Spend off-season following the "Cap Anson diet"
4. Play with your 5-year-old on a trampoline
3. Travel to Sahara, stare at sun
2. Play Guitar Hero more than three hours per day
1. Engage in unsafe carnal relations (just because that's
never rarely a good idea)
In all seriousness, Bobby Grich probably would be in the Hall of Fame today if he hadn't suffered a back injury that probably cost him two great seasons at the peak of his otherwise brilliant career. And he suffered that injury when carrying an air conditioner up stairs.
The off-season isn't long, but it's dangerous. Let's be careful out there.