A career in baseball. What could be better? The Washington Nationals are looking for the right kind of people. And they're looking for a few good men. And girls. First up, a racing president:
To be eligible, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Measure between 5'7" and 6'6" in height
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to run from center field to home plate in 40 seconds (approximately 200 yards)
- Be able to wear a costume weighing approximately 45 lbs for several hours
Several hours. "Here, kid, put this on." "But it's an hour until first p..." "PUT IT ON."
If that's not your style, you can chase foul balls. Ah, ah, ah. Not so fast, fellas. This one is for the ladies.
The Washington Nationals Ball Girls are a staple on the field.
Girls, sorry. Not ladies. And your main task, girls, will be to hold different pieces of paper together, hopefully on the field!
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required?
2. Do you have a working knowledge of baseball rules, particularly what constitutes a foul ball?
3. Do you have a working knowledge of baseball rules, particularly what constitutes a foul ball?
The first rule of Ball Girl Club is, "Do you have a working knowledge of baseball rules, particularly what constitutes a foul ball?" The second rule of Ball Girl Club is, "DO YOU HAVE A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF BASEBALL RULES, PARTICULARLY WHAT CONSTITUTES A FOUL BALL?"
So if you want to work in baseball, here's your chance!